The early years foundation stage
The Foundation Stage covers our Nursery (Foundation Stage 1 – Caterpillars and Butterflies) and Reception Class (Foundation Stage 2). The curriculum is organised into seven areas of learning; three prime areas and four specific areas:
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development (Prime Area)
- Communication and Language (Prime Area)
- Physical Development (Prime Area)
- Understanding of the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
Progress in each of these areas is measured against the early learning goals. It is recorded in the Foundation Stage Profile and used to inform parents. We share the learning journey of our children using “Tapestry” which is an online journal recording all the learning and fun of children’s early years education.